History of Wofford at Glendale Shoals

Title

History of Wofford at Glendale Shoals

Description

Photographs, plans, and documents detailing the history of Wofford at Glendale Shoals and the transformation of the Glendale MIlls Office into the Goodall Environmental Studies Center.

Items in the History of Wofford at Glendale Shoals Collection

Glendale Mills, 1946
Aerial photograph of Glendale Mills and the village, circa 1946.

Glendale Mill Fire, March 2004
Photo of the mill fire on March 20, 2004.

Glendale--Romanesque?, 1856 rebuilt, 1975
This digital image was scanned from a 35 mm slide made by Lewis P. Jones, who taught history at Wofford College from 1946 to 1987. The title used for the digital image is taken from Jones's caption on the original slide. The original, which was made…

Glendale Mill Office Exterior Views, June 2007
7 photographs of the outside of the Glendale Mills Office taken in June 2007.

Glendale Mill Office Interior Views, June 2007
13 photographs of the inside of the of the Glendale Mills Office taken in June 2007.

Wofford College Environmental Studies Building [Preliminary Site Plan]
Preliminary site plan for the Wofford College Environmental Studies Building prepared by McMillan Smith & Partners Architects, PLLC.

Wofford College Environmental Studies [Elevated Floor Plan]
Elevated floor plan prepared by McMillan Smith & Partners Architects, PLLC.

Class at Glendale Mills, November 2007
Photos from a lecture at the Wofford Environmental Studies Center in November 2007 while it was being renovated.

Mill Office, February 2008
Two photos of the Mill Office in February 2008 prior to the renovation.